Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Templecon 2012 Scenario Table - Painting

I apologize for the lack of an update yesterday.  The work on the table has been constant and productive and I lost track time.  I do have some more pictures today of the table, and we should be finished in time for the Thursday deadline, at which point I will bring the table to the LGS so that people can play the scenario. For now, here are the photos of some of the painted pieces to hopefully get you as excited as I am!  I apologize for the pictures, as I don't have my usual software here to fix up the photos better.

So as you will remember, we purchased two of the GW Garden of Mor terrain sets for crypts and walls for our graveyard.  Here are three of the crypts fully painted, followed by their bases.  Very simple paintjobs were done on these, basically just washing and drybrushing the stone texture (thanks stone spray!), with splashes of color here and there.

Here are 4 of the 6 bases.  I have to keep some surprises for
the final reveal...
A closer look at the base
Work has also begun on the grave markers.  These will cover the graves that we dug into the table to mark available graves.  These markers will have normal dirt and grass on one side, with a protective rune on the other.  There will be 60 of these in total, so we also started work on painting these, with a simple shield rune on one side.  We have to paint a lot of these so we wanted to keep it relatively simple.
Protective rune
 Lastly, we finally covered the board in a sawdust and woodglue mixture, followed by sprinkling sawdust on top to ensure proper coverage.
"Proper coverage"
 We also finished painting the statues and the gates on either side.  There is a surprising amount of detail around the gates and it took longer than expected.  We don't really want to paint another skull again.  We are pleased with the results, however.
  The statues were actually pretty simple to paint and I am pleased with how they turned out.  The statues were painted black to cover the stone color, followed by a drybrush of GW Tin Bitz and then another drybrush layer of Reaper Bright Copper.  The result turned out pretty good!
So that is the work that was done yesterday.  Today we plan on vacuuming/sweeping away most of the sawdust to paint the base dirt for the table, apply the flocking, headstones, and the tress, and then some final touch-up!  I'm excited that we're so close to being done and I hope you are too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...