While they are fundamentally the same paintjob, I made some adjustments. Originally I wanted it to be quick and simple so I simply primed gray and then washed the rocks with GW's Leviathan Purple wash. I slapped on some Bestial Brown on the twigs and ropes, painted the ropes Bleached Bone, then slapped on some Gryphonne Sepia over those. Lastly, I used some watered-down Reaper Dead White into the cracks, and viola! That was my scheme. It was simple and easy.
|Megalith got a fresh update|
|Although some detail was lost in the runes|
between pantjobs, so it was harder to get
the white glow from the runes this time
without some flow issues
|You can really see the sheen on the Woldwatcher|
|I'm really happy with the runes on him!|
|My favorite construct! I LOVE this guy!|
|The stones have more texture after the drybrush|
|I'm really pleased with the glow on the runes!|
|Breakdancing Woldwarden! Note the Moon Silver|
So those are the touch-ups on the constructs. Like I said, it feels like I've been painting more than I actually have, but I was essentially painting those guys twice without gaining any headway against my massive collection of Circle models that need painting. One model that I was inspired to finish is the Gorax!
|I included a rock on the back of his base|
as homage to the old (ugly) model
|I think I'm most pleased with how his|
eyes turns out.
Looking forward, I have to adjust my painting a little bit, because I cannot find the same kind of primer that I've used for a majority of my models. It's not a big deal because I didn't really like it anyway (Boards to Pieces Gray) because it always went on too glossy for what I wanted.
|My old primer. Note it's a bit glossy|
and obscures detail more than I'd like
|Not exactly Space Wolf Grey|
I will have my druids done soon, as I finally finished painting their UA so that I would have a coherent scheme for them. I hope to get a lot of painting done this week for when I return to Boston for the conclusion of the Journeyman League! I will post pictures as I get more painted!