Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Simple Buccaneer Conversion

I don't remember where I saw it, but a while back I saw a simple idea for a conversion for the Buccaneer warjack.  Seeing as I really love these warjacks and one is an important part of my Fiona list, I figured it was worth attempting myself.  This was a fairly simple conversion in theory, so I wanted to take a stab at it and see if it was as easy as it looked.  The idea is simple: use the top of Fiona's trident and do a swap with the head of the Buccaneer gaff pole!  Here's my attempt at it.


First I'll show you how the conversion works.  Here's the assembled Buccaneer:
The head of the gaff pole will be cut off to replace it with the head of Fiona's trident (the bits of which I ordered from Privateer Press).
It looks fairly straight-forward
 Next I obviously hat to chop off the relevant bits using some clippers.
First the trident...
... then the gaff pole!
Next up, I just had to file down both of the chopped off ends and then drill some holes for pinning the two bits together.
Drilled and pinned, ready to be put together!
Well, all that was left was using some superglue to put them together.  Wait... that's it?  Really?  Okay then, let's do it again!
Two Buccaneer conversions and they look great!
I'm pleased with the subtlety of the conversion and it took me a total of 15 minutes to do both Buccaneers, and most of that time was spent drilling the holes.  Now I just have to get the wooden plank bases I need from www.ironhalo.net, prime them, and they're good to go on the painting table!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...