Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

Selling off my collections

I'm one of those individuals who tends to branch out into other factions instead of adding depth to just one.  Back when I played 40k, I simply didn't understand (and still don't) why some people owned 10,000 points of Space Marines, when they could just have 2000 points of 5 different factions and playstyles.  While I think that my perspective on owning multiple factions is mitigated in Warmachine/Hordes a bit - since each faction has different warcasters/warlocks that have different playstyles - I still find myself itching to branch out into different factions!  Unfortunately, I have come to the realization that I simply don't have enough time!



I am a chemistry teacher and a technical director for the theater on-campus.  I have lots of hobbies to keep myself interested, but the older I get, the more I find that I simply don't have the time to spend on all of them!  When I was younger, even in college, I had the time to devote to all of these different hobbies, but now that I'm in the professional world and about to get married, I'm finding that the 'real world' is distracting me from my awesome hobbies.  I'm sure once I fast-forward 3 months from now, when I'm in the middle of summer vacation, I'll feel differently, but right now I'm seriously looking at my model collection and considering what I need to downsize.

Yes, I have written about this before, but I'm now seriously going through my collections and considering eBay.  I have some sizeable Warmachine/Hordes collections but I also have large amount of Warhammer miniatures (both 40k and Fantasy) that I'm becoming increasingly interested in selling off.  The added challenge here is that a new edition of 40k will be released this summer and I don't want to sell off my stuff (a.k.a. Tyranids) too early for fear that there will be an even greater desire to play with them later.  While it's certainly fun to read articles on 40k still, and I'm still interested in what the new edition will bring, it's more like stalking that person you used to date.  You want to check up on them just to get excited when you see others dissatisfied with them, proud that you decided to end it when you did and happy with what you have now.  As much as it pains me, I really need to downsize my entire collection.
I just realized now how crappy their logo is

So here's how it will work: I will be selling off one of my Warmachine/Hordes factions on eBay within the next two weeks.  I will be taking pictures and I will put up the link on here (shameless, but it's my blog, dammit!) so that you all can bid on it, with the proceeds of the purchase going towards my wedding.  I will also start selling off my other miniatures collections, starting with Warhammer Fantasy.  I will be selling my small collection of Wood Elves (since GW seems to be updating EVERYONE ELSE FIRST) and my very small WIP force of living Tomb Kings by the end of May.  By June, we should all have a really good idea of what is coming in 6th edition 40k, and at that point I will be selling off my entire Kroot force (somewhere around 200 models), Valhallan Imperial Guard, and Tyranids.  I will be holding onto my small, 1500 point force of Eldar and my small collection of Orks, but the rest has to go!  Again, all proceeds will of course go towards my wedding/paying bills.

In short, keep your eyes on my blog so that you can try to get some great deals on my model collections because over the next 3 months I will be clearing out the old to bring in the new [wife].
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...