Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

Steam-Powered Wedding

I don't often use my blog to share personal news but this weekend was a very important one for the rest of my life.  My girlfriend (the most supportive woman in the entire world) went to a conference in Orlando to read an excerpt from her awesome paper on Post-humanism in Harry Potter last Wednesday.  I decided to surprise her by flying down to Orlando on Thursday, and Friday I met her in Harry Potter World and asked her to marry me in front of the Hogwarts Express.  It was the best, happiest weekend of my entire life and I wanted to share it all with you!



For you stalker types, my fiancee has created a blog to share the journey of planning our wedding as it will be steampunk and awesome.  It's naturally fairly early in the process but we've already decided on October 2013 as "the date" and we will be sharing many of our tips and decisions on her blog in case any of you want some inspiration for your own steampunk wedding.  It will be quite the journey and I encourage you all to follow us all the way along!

And now I will leave you with a picture of the awesome engagement ring that my future wife gave me!
 The best part?  It's fully functional!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...