Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013

Showcase: Gorten and Connie


So I've been busy painting up some of my models in between moving-in my fiancee and getting ready for some visitors this weekend. While I certainly have a lot to paint (forge guard are next on the painting table) I have been able to finish painting two warcasters: Gorten Grundback and Constance Blaze! Connie has been a pleasure to play with and I'm looking forward to playing with her more but I need a couple of models before I feel comfortable fielding Gorten (I only have a Basher for a warjack). Even still I managed to paint both models and I figured I'd show them off!




I'm really pleased with how Gorten came out but unfortunately, I'm less pleased with Connie:
The Constance model is amazing but it's REALLY small in scale to a lot of other models and the detail is SOOO fine that it was very difficult for me to paint without getting paint in places I didn't want it to go. I'm pleased with her face and hair but I'm afraid I'm not a skilled enough painter to really do her the justice she deserves. Oh well. She'll still look good on the table and she's fun to play with, and that's really all I've really wanted anyway.

Now I just have to get back to working on those Forge Guard. My goal is to get my mercs fully painted by the end of the year. I'm already off to a great start with my games. Don't forget you can check my gaming log here and follow along with my goal of seeing how many games I can play in a year!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...